IBPS RRB Exam- Details and Syllabus
About IBPS RRB Exam
The IBPS conducts Common Recruitment Process (CRP for RRBs - VIII) for eligible candidates, who aspires to join any of the Regional Rural Banks listed at (A) as Group “A”- Officers (Scale-I, II & III) and Group “B”- Office Assistant (Multipurpose). The posts covered under IBPS RRB Exam are given below:
• Officer Scale – I
• Banking Officer Scale – II
• Agriculture Officer (Grade - II)
• Law Officer (Grade - II)
• Chartered Accountant (Grade - II)
• Officer (Grade - III)
• IT Officer (Grade - II)
The exam of IBPS RRB is conducted every year to recruit candidates for various posts in Regional Rural Banks spread across the country.
Eligibility for IBPS RRB exam
A candidate must be either:
• A Citizen of India or
• A subject of Nepal or
• A subject of Bhutan or
• A Tibetan Refugee who came over to India before 1st January 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India or
• A person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania (formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar), Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India,
Provided that a candidate belonging to categories 2, 3, 4 and 5 shall be a person n whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India.
IBPS RRB Exam Pattern
Under IBPS RRB Exam, for the posts of Officers Scale-I and Office Assistant (Multi-purpose) the Online Examination is held in two phases:
• Preliminary Examination
• Main Examination
• Interview (Only for Officers Scale-I)
For the post of Scale II (Generalist and Specialists) and Scale III,
• Single Online Examination
• Common Interview
The scheme of IBPS PO exam is: Preliminary Examination and Main Examination
Important things to Remember
• Candidates can opt either 4a or 4b.
• There is penalty of one fourth of marks assigned to that question for every wrong answer marked.
• The score obtained by candidates will be normalized.
• For the post of Office Assistant (Multipurpose) marks obtained in the Main Examination will be considered for the final merit listing.
• For the post of Officers Scale-I marks obtained in the Main Examination will be considered for Interview & final merit listing.
• Total marks for Interview: 100
• The relative weightage (ratio) of Online Examination and Interview will be 80:20 respectively for the Officers cadre.
Syllabus for the IBPS RRB Exam
Quantitative Aptitude for IBPS RRB Exam
• Ratio and Percentage
• Mixture & Alligation
• Profit & Loss
• Simple and Compound Interest
• Number System
• Quadratic Equations
• Permutation & Combination
General Awareness for IBPS RRB Exam
• Current Events
• Indian Economy
• Banking Awareness
• Financial Awareness
• Books & Authors
• History of Banking
• Awards and Honours
• Indian History
• Indian Culture
• Indian Geography
Reasoning Aptitude for IBPS RRB Exam
• Verbal and Non- Verbal Reasoning
• Seating Arrangement
• Ordering and Ranking
• Data Sufficiency
• Blood Relations
Computer Aptitude for IBPS RRB Exam
• Keyboard Shortcuts
• Computer Abbreviation
• Microsoft Office
• Computer Hardware
• Operating System
• Computer Terminologies
English Language for IBPS RRB Exam
• Reading Comprehension
• Verbal Awareness
• Cloze test
• Error Correction
Hindi Language for IBPS RRB Exam
• Spelling Checks
• Fill in the Blanks
• Reading Comprehension
Remember that you would clear a government exam only when you know everything related to its syllabus pattern and requirements and no coaching institute can help you in that. You don’t need to join a coaching institute for the preparation, but you must definitely take a test series or mock series so that you are in charge of your preparation. And you will be able to know that whether you need to improve in any subject or are you going well. There are many free online learning sites that provide good quality questions to solve.
Connect with Unoreads which is one of the top destinations for Online Learning Platforms where we envision empowering young and inquisitive minds to choose the right path for them by learning from our experience created and conducted by the experts of the industry.